Insurance made simple.


CCPPNS is able to offer member schools affordable, comprehensive insurance. Through Robert Hadzor Insurance, schools have the benefit of purchasing affordable General Liability, Directors and Officers, Property, Student Accident, and Workers Comp insurance coverage. Robert Hadzor Insurance, Inc, has been insuring small businesses, contractors, and 501(c)(3) non-profit schools in California since 1984. Schools must be members of CCPPNS to acquire this insurance at the group rate. To apply for CCPPNS membership, click here for the application.

RHI is committed to CCPPNS clients, dedicated to services, and will immediately respond to all your insurance needs. Please call anytime if you have any questions or need a quote.

Office: 3755 Alhambra Ave., #7 | Martinez, CA 94553 | (925) 372-9000 | Fax: (925) 372-9003 | E-mail: | Toll Free: (855) 442-3967

By applying for Robert Hadzor Insurance, CCPPNS member schools will also have immediate access to a multitude of relevant, non-profit business resources through the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group (NIAC) - the helpful services are innumerable! For more about those benefits, click here.

What types of Insurance Policies does my school need?

There are several types of coverage pertaining to nursery schools, specifically:

  • Directors and Officers

  • General Liability

  • Property (both real and personal)

  • Student Accident

  • Worker's Compensation

Who qualifies for coverage through CCPPNS?

Any parent participation cooperative preschool that is a member of CCPPNS

What is the policy period?

Annual policy period is from April 1 to April 1

How do we apply for the CCPPNS insurance plan?

To receive the benefits provided under the CCPPNS approved insurance plan, fill out and send in an application: contact Bob Hadzor for the application.

How many checks do we need to write, and to whom do we make them payable?

One check payable to Robert Hadzor Insurance will offer you coverage for the following:

  • Directors & Officers

  • General Liability

  • Property (real and personal)

  • Workers Compensation**

A second check written to Nationwide Insurance will cover the following:

  • Student Accident

**CCPPNS member school employees are covered through our new program through First Comp & The Hartford.

What is Directors and Officers Insurance?

Directors and officers liability Insurance (often called "D&O") is liability insurance payable as reimbursement for losses or advancement of defense costs in the event an insured suffers such a loss as a result of a legal action brought for alleged wrongful acts in their capacity as preschool board directors and officers.

What is General Liability Insurance?

General Liability Insurance covers a broad spectrum of possible legal suits schools might face. It covers such things as property damage and personal injuries incurred on school grounds, on field trips, or at fundraising events.

General Liability Insurance also includes automobile liability. However, since law requires all drivers to have insurance, this policy is secondary, and only activated after the driver's limits are exceeded. Note that paid staff members are never covered as drivers.

Any parent who drives a carpool on behalf of the school, must have proof of insurance filed with the school. The Directors must make visual inspections of all vehicles.

General Liability Insurance also covers fundraising events that are within a reasonable scope of a parent participation nursery school’s purpose.

The Insurance office (ISO), the governing body of all insurance companies, recommends "broad form coverage." This CCPPNS endorsed plan is the broadest possible coverage available, covering a host of things from incidental medical malpractice, to accidents in non-owned vehicles.

What is Property Insurance?

Property Insurance (Building and Personal Property Insurance) provides coverage for direct physical loss or damage to the covered property. Building Coverage (insurance for real estate property) covers partial or complete damage of building(s). If your school owns its building, it should have building coverage.

Personal Property Insurance (contents) covers any and all property located in or on your school site, within 1000 feet of your building, including furniture, fixtures, machinery, and equipment (e.g. computers and photocopiers), personal property owned by an individual used in connection with the school, labor, materials or services furnished or arranged by you, and tenant improvements and betterments.

Note that this coverage (including fire and theft) is all at Special Form Replacement Cost.

What is Student Accident Insurance?

This covers a student if they have an accident at a school function (while at school or on a field trip). It covers any student for up to $500,000. (Note that this is a secondary medical plan; it will not pay benefits for personal insurance’s covered expenses, until the family's insurance is exhausted.) 

What is Worker's Compensation Insurance?

By law, every school is required to protect its teachers and director with workers' compensation insurance. This insurance covers any employee of your school who may get hurt while on the job. Presently, the best Worker Compensation rates are available through the two different programs we have available through our office. Please give us a call for a competitive quote.


This information was created for CCPPNS and is intended for convenience purposes only. It contains no warranties and is not a contract of insurance. Please call the broker, Bob Hadzor at 1-855-442-3967 for an application form. He can answer any questions you may have.

Still have more questions?

The CCPPNS Membership Chair oversees the insurance program. Please contact us using the contact form on this website, we will help get your questions answered.